The Spring Book Fair will take place April 24th - May 1st!
Our Spring Book Fair is scheduled for April 24th - May 1st and will be open for students to shop during the school day. The Book Fair will also be open during the Arts Luau Night on Thursday, April 27th. Mrs. Carney, our school media specialist, needs volunteers to help with Book Fair -- setting up, helping students shop, running the cash register, and packing up the books. If you are interested in volunteering during Book Fair, please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49a4a62fa7fb6-weneed1/ to sign up for a time to volunteer!
Kindergarten Readiness Handbook
Click here for our Kindergarten Readiness Handbook
Inclement Weather Reminders
If school is closed or dismissing early, we will use the All Call School Messenger System to notify families. Therefore, it is very important that we have updated, working phone numbers in our system. Any time that you have a new phone number, please share the number with your child’s teacher and the front office. This will help us keep all contact information up to date so that you receive important messages from the school. Information will also be posted on WLOS News 13, the Madison County Schools Webpage, and our Brush Creek Bears Facebook page.
Inclement Weather Procedures:
- Early Release Plan … sometimes due to weather our school will close early.Please make sure that your child’s teacher knows how your child will go home in the event of an early closing: as a car rider or on Bus # ___ to ______ location.The phone lines get very busy and it is important that your child has a regular plan for early dismissal days so that we can ensure all children are safely delivered to the correct locations.
- Delays … sometimes due to weather our school will start school on a delayed schedule.
- If we operate on a Two Hour Delay, the school day will begin at 10:00 a.m. and students may enter the building at 9:15 a.m.
- If we operate on a Three Hour Delay, the school day will begin at 11:00 a.m. and students may enter the building at 10:15 a.m.
- Breakfast will still be served in the cafeteria on delayed schedules.