The Spring Book Fair will take place April 24th - May 1st!
Our Spring Book Fair is scheduled for April 24th - May 1st and will be open for students to shop during the school day. The Book Fair will also be open during the Arts Luau Night on Thursday, April 27th. Mrs. Carney, our school media specialist, needs volunteers to help with Book Fair -- setting up, helping students shop, running the cash register, and packing up the books. If you are interested in volunteering during Book Fair, please go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d49a4a62fa7fb6-weneed1/ to sign up for a time to volunteer!
Kindergarten Readiness Handbook
Click here for our Kindergarten Readiness Handbook
Brush Creek Elementary earns Exemplar Status
Brush Creek Elementary earns EXEMPLAR STATUS for our PBIS program. This is the highest level of recognition by NC for Positive Behavior Programs. Thank you to our staff for implementing the program with fidelity and for thoughtfully problem solving ways we can continue to improve our program!
Inclement Weather Reminders
If school is closed or dismissing early, we will use the All Call School Messenger System to notify families. Therefore, it is very important that we have updated, working phone numbers in our system. Any time that you have a new phone number, please share the number with your child’s teacher and the front office. This will help us keep all contact information up to date so that you receive important messages from the school. Information will also be posted on WLOS News 13, the Madison County Schools Webpage, and our Brush Creek Bears Facebook page.
Inclement Weather Procedures:
- Early Release Plan … sometimes due to weather our school will close early.Please make sure that your child’s teacher knows how your child will go home in the event of an early closing: as a car rider or on Bus # ___ to ______ location.The phone lines get very busy and it is important that your child has a regular plan for early dismissal days so that we can ensure all children are safely delivered to the correct locations.
- Delays … sometimes due to weather our school will start school on a delayed schedule.
- If we operate on a Two Hour Delay, the school day will begin at 10:00 a.m. and students may enter the building at 9:15 a.m.
- If we operate on a Three Hour Delay, the school day will begin at 11:00 a.m. and students may enter the building at 10:15 a.m.
- Breakfast will still be served in the cafeteria on delayed schedules.
Click to Pay Your Child's Lunch Account Online
To set up your child's account through the online payment system, you will need your child's account number. If you do not know this number, you can call Mrs. Amanda Edwards, our cafeteria manager, and she can give you this information.
Fourth and Fifth Grade students at Brush Creek Elementary are learning to play ukuleles!
Thanks to the hard work of our art teacher, Mrs. Sara Sagar, and a very generous donation from The Board of Directors of PIKOhana, an organization with the mission of sharing and celebrating the cultures of the Pacific Islands, Brush Creek is now home to 25 ukuleles!
As part of our fine arts and physical education program at Brush Creek, students will study the cultures of the Pacific Islands through stories, visual arts, dance, and music. Students are learning how to tune the instruments and are learning the first two chords during music class. During PE class, students are learning the basic movements of traditional Pacific Island dances. A special arts showcase event later in the year will feature the work of our students in a Hawaiian Luau fashion with instrumental ukulele performances and dance.